2018-2019 FOA District 9 Important Info
- Wednesday, August 15th 5:30-6:15pm: FOA Fall Meeting @ Largo Middle School Orchestra Room. The FBA Meeting will be @ 7:00pm that night in the Band Room. From 6:15-7:00pm we will be having a Pot-Luck Dinner so bring something to share with all of your fellow FOA and FBA friends and colleagues!
- Monday, August 27th: All Applications and Fees for All-State Auditions due to District Chair.
- Saturday, September 15th: FOA All-State Orchestra and Guitar Auditions @ Palm Harbor University High School. The FBA All-State Auditions are at the same location this year as well. Be prepared to help with recording auditions on this day for either FOA or FBA.
- Thursday and Friday, September 27th and 28th: FOA/FLASTA Fall Conference @ Orlando Hilton. (REALLY FANTASTIC PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT) You can find out more information on the FOA website.
- Saturday, September 29th: FOA All-State Judging. I will need 2 volunteers from our district to judge on that day. Please let me know if you are interested.
- Thursday-Saturday, January 10th-12th: FMEA Conference/All-State @ Tampa Convention Center.
- Tuesday, January 22nd 5:30-6:15pm: FOA Mid-Year Meeting @ Largo Middle School Orchestra Room. There will be an FBA Meeting this night as well. All paperwork and fees for FOA HS Solo & Ensemble and MS/HS Concert MPA due at this meeting!
- Saturday, February 16th: FOA High School Solo and Ensemble District Assessment @ PCCA Gibbs High School. The 2nd day of the FBA HS S&E will also be happening at PCCA during this time. (We take Guitar, Piano, and Harp entries!)
- Thursday and Friday, March 21st and 22nd: FOA Concert Music Performance Assessment @ TBA.
FYI: The FOA MPA date above does conflict with 2 days of FBA State S&E. Please plan accordingly if you are used to having students attend both events. I will accommodate everyone. Please know that you can request in advanced what dates you'd like to go to State S&E as well as what date you would like for me to schedule your orchestra to perform at MPA.
- Saturday, April 27th: FOA Middle School Solo and Ensemble District Assessment @ Largo High School. The 2nd day of the FBA MS S&E will also be happening at Largo HS during this time. All paperwork and fees for FOA MS Solo & Ensemble will be due to me by Friday, April 5th! (We take Guitar, Piano, and Harp entires!)
For any questions, contact District Chair Jilian Savia at email@example.com