"The mission of the Pinellas County Music Educators Association is to support and promote professional growth and to advocate for quality music education in order to foster highest student achievement in music."
- A Message to our Members:
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! My name is Pamela A. Richardson and I am currently serving my second year as President for the Pinellas County Music Educators Association. I firmly stand on the belief that what we do as music educators should positively impact the lives of our students, far beyond their experience with us in the classroom. Our job is to create the platform to educate, elevate and motivate, so that our students are free to participate, innovate and create!
We are your countywide organization with the mission of supporting and promoting quality music education programs, as well as promoting your professional growth as a music educator. Our organization provides a voice for the music education community in Pinellas County. To learn more about the amazing team that helps me to carry out this mission, click on the PCMEA Board tab above.
PCMEA organizes and facilitates many of the various events we participate in throughout the school year. Here are just some of the ways in which PCMEA is working for you:
- Planning and organizing All-County Programs and Events
- Recognition of Outstanding Music Educators in Pinellas
- Hosting a Year-End Celebration and other Social Events
- Providing resources and honorariums for your professional development
- Advocating for arts education in the community and state
- Providing direction and assistance to the Pinellas Music Supervisor
- Funding scholarships for future music educators
- Funding composition competitions for music students
PCMEA exists to serve YOU! Please make your membership a priority so we can continue to offer worthwhile programs and support to promote quality music education in our district and beyond!
Thank you in advance for your support of our continuing efforts. Let’s continue to A.I.M (Articulation and Inclusion in Music (for all) for success, positively impacting the lives of our students, colleagues and community with the power of music.
Pamela A. Richardson
- PCMEA helped to support the launch of the Middle School Band Camp.
- PCMEA made progress in increasing data towards more balanced and diverse ensembles across the district.
- PCMEA helped sponsor All County events, increasing the opportunities for all Pinellas County music students to participate in first-class ensembles under the direction of some of the best clinicians in the state!
- Our Hospitality Committee helped plan events and provide refreshments and meals, including our End of Year Celebration.
- PCMEA has effectively merged part of the Elementary Choral program and Elementary Orchestra with the secondary counterparts for a fully articulated, All - County Performance experience!
- PCMEA helped in sponsoring honorariums given to music teachers for professional development!
- Band and Orchestra composition contests were sponsored with the winners being awarded with prize money and the opportunity to have their pieces performed at the All-County Concerts!