"The mission of the Pinellas County Music Educators Association is to support and promote professional growth and to advocate for quality music education in order to foster highest student achievement in music."
- A Message to our Members:
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! My name is Pamela A. Richardson and I am thrilled to embrace this historical moment as I serve as your President of the Pinellas County Music Educators Association (PCMEA).
We are your countywide organization with the mission of supporting and promoting quality music education programs, as well as promoting your professional growth as a music educator. Our organization provides a voice for the music education community in Pinellas County.
PCMEA organizes and facilitates many of the various events we participate in throughout the school year. Here are just some of the ways in which PCMEA is working for you:
- Planning and organizing All-County Programs and Events
- Recognition of Outstanding Music Educators in Pinellas
- Hosting a Year-End Celebration and other Social Events
- Providing resources and honorariums for your professional development
- Advocating for arts education in the community and state
- Supporting new teachers through mentorship programs
- Providing direction and assistance to the Pinellas Music Supervisor
- Funding scholarships for future music educators
- Funding composition competitions for music students
None of these opportunities would be possible if it were not for you! Our annual dues are $15.00 per member. Dues are used as operating capital for our organization. We will be collecting dues at our District Wide Training on Tuesday, August 7th at Ruth Eckerd Hall. You may pay with cash, check, or card. You may also PONY your dues to Michelle Thomas, Fuguitt Elementary, Pony Route # 3.
PCMEA exists to serve you! Please make your membership a priority so we can continue to offer worthwhile programs and support to promote quality music education in our district and beyond!
Thank you in advance for your support of our continuing efforts. Let’s A.I.M (Articulation and Inclusion in Music (for all)) for success, positively impacting the lives of our students, colleagues and community with the power of music.
- PCMEA helped in increasing secondary music supplements!
- PCMEA contributed to help pay for the mentorship of new music teachers!
- PCMEA helped sponsor All County events, increasing the opportunities for all Pinellas County music students to participate in first-class ensembles under the direction of some of the best clinicians in the state!
- Our Hospitality Committee helped plan events and provide refreshments and meals, including our End of Year Celebration aboard the Calypso Queen!
- Our Handbook Committee helped in creating a All County Handbook!
- PCMEA helped in sponsoring honorariums given to music teachers for professional development!
- Band and Orchestra composition contests were sponsored with the winners being awarded with prize money and the opportunity to have their pieces performed at the All-County Concerts!